Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mohan-anan

Resolving Inconsistencies in Comma Separator Application for Power BI Measures

Hello Power BI Community,

I've encountered an issue with the inconsistent application of the comma separator for numbers when using measures in different visualizations within Power BI. Specifically, the problem arises when transitioning from table views to bar charts. In table views and card visuals, the comma separator works as expected, but when the same measure is used in a bar chart, the commas do not display.

Problem Description:
The comma separator for numbers in measures doesn't consistently display when transitioning from table views to bar charts in Power BI.

Solution:
To address this issue, follow these steps:

1. Select the Measure:
- Navigate to the Fields pane and find the measure you want to format.

2. Click on the Measure:
- Click on the measure name in the Fields pane or drag it to the values section of your chart.

3. Open Measure Tools - Formatting:
- Once the measure is selected, go to the formatting pane on the right-hand side.

4. Measure Tools - Formatting Section:
- Look for the "Measure Tools - Formatting" section within the formatting pane.

5. Enable Comma Separator:
- Find the option related to number formatting, such as "Thousands separator" or "Comma separator." Enable this option.

6. Apply Changes:
- After enabling the comma separator, click on the "Apply" button to save the formatting changes.

By following these steps, you can ensure that the comma separator is consistently applied to your measures, regardless of the visualization type.

If you have any questions or encounter further issues, feel free to ask for assistance within the community.

1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

please give more information about the data and what you are actually doing?  give an example of the problem, ie shoe us the data, show the problem output, and give an example of the expected output, impossible to know from what you have provided.   also what data types are you using.  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.