Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rmalhan12
Frequent Visitor

Report not working once published (using managed roles to limit access)

I have a report which I have built with many sales managers within the dataset. A sales manager file has been uploaded to the dashboard along with email addresses to limit access based on the advisers that sit within each sales manager. When I test this within the desktop as per below it all works fine and filters the relevant advisers per sales manager. 

rmalhan12_0-1666883775067.png 

Dax Query to filter correctly

rmalhan12_1-1666883789543.png

Selections made and email address enterted of each sales manager to TEST

I have then gone onto publishing the report and it all works fine. However when I try using the filters based on roles it breaks - 

rmalhan12_2-1666883904518.png

Name of sales manager entered and added to "AA" which is role created in desktop

rmalhan12_3-1666883939486.png

End result after filters, if I am to enter the name again at the top the file has X on every visual with an error code of 401.

Any help would be much appreciated. This reports does use a directquery to another dataset. 

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rmalhan12 ,

What is your data source, and the corresponding connection mode. Generally for a 401 error message, the table schema is unable to access the associated data source. It is not the rls created that causes the cause.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.