Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Builder- Wrap cells in export to Excel doesn't work

Hi,

I have the following issue I created a report in Report Builder and work fine but I have a column with the cell's information over 255 characters, my first problem was when I run the report the cell with the over characters doesn´t work and I saw how to configure in Report Builder. The problem is when we try to export to excel the column with the wrap in RB doesn´t work and appears in excel without the wrap configuration.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please see this official ducoment: Export a paginated report to Microsoft Excel (Report Builder)  | Microsoft Docs

Microsoft Excel places limitations on exported reports due to the capabilities of Excel and its file formats. The most significant are the following:

• The maximum column width is limited to 255 characters or 1726.5 points. The renderer does not verify that the column width is less than the limit.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Again, in fact, I was trying with iframes and directly in Report Builder and I saw that always that you export to excel all the cells appear in Wrap option and I don´t want with that format I wanted that doesn't appear that format.

Because I wanted to create a subscription but always appear like that.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.