Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

roshnisv
Frequent Visitor

Report Builder - Chart alignment within page

Hi All,

I need to fix the chart and table layouts within a page. Is there a way to have fixed layouts. I have an issue where if the data based on filter selection is greater than the specified area the chart gets pushed to the nexxt page, which I don't want to happen. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Roshni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@roshnisv sorry for late reply. I am not sure if by now you have received solution for this problem.

So when you use table visual, you can fixed the dimension of the table/matrix visual like below

negi007_0-1621687881759.png

Next thing, is the column header and row header changing as per the data. so you can also fix the column header by turning off the auto-size option like below

negi007_1-1621687954200.png

similar for row header you can turn off the option word wrap so that width of the row header does not change.

negi007_2-1621688016863.png

i hope above suggestion helps you

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@roshnisv  Hi Roshini, can you please share more details about the problem that you are facing. May be if could share screenshot of the issue. this will help in assisting you better

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

Hi Negi, 

Thanks for your reply. In detail below:

I have  a filter based on which my table values vary

Case 1 - For instance, If the filter value is "Value A", my table size is Width - 4.4375in, Height - 0.5 in. So the charts aligned below the table also fits into the same page as the table.

Case 2 - If the filter value is "Value B", my table height and width increases becuase of the data displayed in the table. So this pushes the below chart to the next page.

Inorder to avoid the chart moving due to the varying table size based on filter, Is there any way to fix the table size, irrespective of the filter value?

Hope the details are ok, I am unable to share screenshots here.

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply!

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@roshnisv sorry for late reply. I am not sure if by now you have received solution for this problem.

So when you use table visual, you can fixed the dimension of the table/matrix visual like below

negi007_0-1621687881759.png

Next thing, is the column header and row header changing as per the data. so you can also fix the column header by turning off the auto-size option like below

negi007_1-1621687954200.png

similar for row header you can turn off the option word wrap so that width of the row header does not change.

negi007_2-1621688016863.png

i hope above suggestion helps you

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.