Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Atemp

Repeat data subset from last active year until current year

Hello,

How can I copy data based on a date with a new date up to the current year? I have a dataset with a fixed data structure from 2017 to 2019, and since there is no new data available from 2019 onwards, I would like to repeat the data from 2019 for each missing year up to the current year (copy the data with new datetime). So, a copy of the data from 2019 for 2020, 2021... 2023. Is it possible with a DAX expression or SQL query?

See in the screenshot, f_statbel_vat_time_sk is the date column, so I would like to repeat all the other data (except for the Id columns).

Thank you in advance.

PowerBi Question.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Atemp,

I think Dax formula should be suitable for these requirements. You need to add an if statement to check the current date range does not include match records.
Then you can use current date as variable to get previous date and use this as condition to lookup you table records to look up and summary previous result to display here as correspond records.
If you are confused about coding formula, please share some dummy data to test:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.