Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

niki_b
Helper I
Helper I

Rendering different reports based on slicer selection

Hello Everyone, 

I just started working with bookmarks and buttons. My client has a special request. They want to see a different report if one value is selected from the slicer and a completely different report if more than one value is selected. I know there is no option to set bookmarks using slicer selection. Is there any other work around or hack that I can use to overcome this limitation. If possible, please help!!

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@niki_b,

Perhaps the Page Navigation functionality will work for you.  Guy in a Cube and others have videos on this.

I am using this to direct my users to different pages within the Report.  You will need to set up a table with Page Names to do this.  But it sounds like your request is along the same lines.

Good Luck and Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@niki_b,

Perhaps the Page Navigation functionality will work for you.  Guy in a Cube and others have videos on this.

I am using this to direct my users to different pages within the Report.  You will need to set up a table with Page Names to do this.  But it sounds like your request is along the same lines.

Good Luck and Regards,

I am trying page navigation as well, still some limitations. Will just keep trying for now.

Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@niki_b , I think this is a case of conditional drill through navgation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeH1Hq2koUU

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the directing me to the video but my use case is a little different as my client has an option to choose multiple values from a slicer at a time. It is not a single select slicer as shown in the video.

I really need a solid work around this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.