Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dcole
Regular Visitor

Relative Date Filter Issue - End of Month

Hello, 

I am using a relative date filter to distrubute an End of Month financial reports. My Filter settings are set to look at transactions that have happened 'in this month' however due to processing that occurs on the last day of the month the report delivers blank reports as it sees 'in this month as the first day of the new month instead of the delivering a report for the last day of the previous month. 

dcole_0-1668194014904.png

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @dcole

It sounds like the relative date slicer is worked as intended. Assuming you have a date table, what you might want to do is create a calculated column in the date table and use that field as a slicer- something like below, but you can define the period however you'd like. So you could use TODAY()-1 for example.

IsCurrentCalendarMonth =
IF (TODAY() >= Dates[CalendarMonthBeginning] && TODAY() <= Dates[CalendarMonthEnding],"Yes","No")

Sorry, this example is in DAX and your example is in Power Query, but I think the same principle applies.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @dcole

It sounds like the relative date slicer is worked as intended. Assuming you have a date table, what you might want to do is create a calculated column in the date table and use that field as a slicer- something like below, but you can define the period however you'd like. So you could use TODAY()-1 for example.

IsCurrentCalendarMonth =
IF (TODAY() >= Dates[CalendarMonthBeginning] && TODAY() <= Dates[CalendarMonthEnding],"Yes","No")

Sorry, this example is in DAX and your example is in Power Query, but I think the same principle applies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.