Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jondon29
Frequent Visitor

Relationship Not Working

Thank you in advance for any support you can provide.  I am having an issue with relationships I believe and am loojing for support.

I am attempting to have my goal filtered with the splicer that filters other values in my dashboard.  The periods measured are called AIRAC in my table.  Individuals have goals for each AIRAC; therefore I have 20 disticnt goals each AIRAC and they vary from AIRAC to AIRAC.

In my date table I have an AIRAC field that links to a separate "AIRAC Key Table" with a one-to-many relationship.  Separately, I have a roster table that links from analyst to analyst in a one-to-many relationship.  All of my other fields are filtering correctly with the relationships, the cycle goal however does not filter when i select individual AIRACs, i.e "Cycle 1803".

Goal TableGoal TableFiltered ViewFiltered ViewUnfiltered ViewUnfiltered View

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jondon29 can i see the actual relationship view of how the tables operate together?  i think the problem is that your direction is single  between each relationship, therefore the flow between the 3 tables is being interrupted somehwere.   it just depends on what direction the relationship is going, and what field you are using to slice on.  make sense?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Jondon29 are you sure the relationships you have set up are definitely one to many?  can you provide a screen shot of the relationships

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

@vanessafvg, of course!AIRAC Key to Date TableAIRAC Key to Date TableAIRAC Key to GoalAIRAC Key to GoalRoster to GoalRoster to Goal

@Jondon29 can i see the actual relationship view of how the tables operate together?  i think the problem is that your direction is single  between each relationship, therefore the flow between the 3 tables is being interrupted somehwere.   it just depends on what direction the relationship is going, and what field you are using to slice on.  make sense?

@vanessafvg, I believe the cross-direction cardinality was the error.  Thank you very much for your time and support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.