Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Luca2020
Helper I
Helper I

Related() function between tables with different numbers of rows

Hello, 

I have a problem in creating a formula which gives me the amount of a document divided by different months: 

Tables.png

In table 1, when our salespeople make a quote (N. Doc), they enter the amount (Amount) for each product sold (Product) and the expected billing date (Invoice Date). For instance, N. Doc 1 consists in two different products we expect to sell in july for 300 euro in total (170 + 130 euro). 

In table 3 I use the Summarize function to summarize Table 1 by removing the division by products and keeping only the total for document.

Subsequently, it is decided that the order will be invoiced in different months, therefore table 2 shows the actual dates of the invoices for each document.  For instance, the expected billing date of Doc 1 was july, however, only 40% of the amount was sold in july, while the rest in august. 

I have to create a formula that allows me to divide the amount in table 3 using the % of table 2:

Doc. 1

300*0,4 = 120 in july

300*0,6 = 180 in august

Doc. 2

400*1 = 400 in may

All the table are connected by the number of document.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Luca2020 , 

You also could refer tomy sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Luca2020 ,

You can try something like:

CalcTest = DIVIDE(YourTable1[Column1], RELATED(YourTable2[Column2]))

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi, 

the DIVIDE() function didn't work, however I found out that the reason why I couldn't use the RELATED() function I originally intended to use, was because in Table 1 there were also documents from another of our society so I had to use to many-to-many relation since some documents shared the same number. 

I created a new Key merging the N. Doc and Society name columns and I was able to use the one-to-many relation, then I create a new Amount column in table 2 with the amount taken from the summarize table 3 using the Related() function. 

Thanks, 

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Luca2020 , 

You also could refer tomy sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.