Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

santigc97
Frequent Visitor

Related Collumns or Summarize for create a table

Hello,

I am having a problem with a new table that i want to create with the function related or summarize collumns

I have the following data on which for an item i have the DMD on each location and also on the collumns NEW and OLD i have the Item that will replace the current item on the future (both can be solled at the same time but at the end the old one will be consumed). Note that in my real report i will have more codes.

ITEMLOCDMDNEWOLD
99878SPAIN577898 
77898USA-101155878 
77898SPAIN40285587899878
55878SPAIN20 77898

What i want is to make a new table or use a funcion for create new collumns that are the new items and old items with their demand (the new, new+1,new+2 with their demand and also the same for those that are old) in order to see in an easier way the different codes, their demands and also the total

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2
santigc97
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

It is almost correct but i have a problem with the number of the product, you are using a +1 or -1 but there are some cases in which the number are not consecutive (it was an example, i will update the table in the previous post), so you can use the data that we have bellow, how i should do for do like a filter that in real is like a vlookup/xlookup?

v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santigc97 ,

Based on my testing, please try the following methods:

1.Create the simple table.

vjiewumsft_0-1713432493110.png

2.Create the new columns to calculate.

NEW DMD = 
VAR _loc='Table'[LOC]
var _new='Table'[NEW]
return CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[DMD]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[LOC]=_loc&&'Table'[ITEM]=_new))
new+1 = 
VAR ite = 'Table'[ITEM]
VAR loc = 'Table'[LOC]
RETURN
IF(('Table'[NEW] + 1) <= MAX('Table'[ITEM]) && 'Table'[NEW] <> BLANK(), 'Table'[NEW] + 1, BLANK())
NEW+1 DMD = 
VAR _loc = 'Table'[LOC]
var _new = 'Table'[new+1]
return CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[DMD]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[LOC]=_loc &&'Table'[ITEM] = _new))
OLD DMD = 
VAR _loc = 'Table'[LOC]
var _old = 'Table'[OLD]
return CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[DMD]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[LOC]=_loc&&'Table'[ITEM]= _old))
OLD - 1 = 
VAR loc = 'Table'[LOC]
VAR old = 'Table'[OLD]
var _item = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[ITEM]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[LOC]= loc &&'Table'[ITEM] = old - 1))
return 
IF(NOT(ISBLANK('Table'[OLD]))&&NOT(ISBLANK(_item)),'Table'[OLD]-1)

3.The result is shown below.

vjiewumsft_1-1713432587464.png

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.