Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PowerBI123456
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Refresh error: duplicative value

Hi, I am getting this error message when refresh in service. The duplicative value power bi shows is not even in my data and I know there are not duplicate values since I removed them in power query. Any ideas?

:Column 'Unique 2' in Table 'xxx' contains a duplicate value '<pii>XXXXX</pii>' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.
2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBI123456 

Also, double check the Unique 2 column doesn't contain null/blank values.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @PowerBI123456 , there were similar topics earlier, based on this link you should check relationships, it might happen that there were some relationships automatically created and should be removed.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Get-quot-not-allowed-for-columns-on-the-one-side-of-a-many-... 

You could also check relationship types (1:n, n:n...) and if there are any duplicates.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43748120/get-not-allowed-for-columns-on-the-one-side-of-a-many-t... 

Hope this will be useful.

Regards,
Nemanja Andic

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.