Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lidou_Cand
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh PBI dataset with ssis

Hello.

I hope you are well.

Especially in this period of health crisis.

I am working on a Microsoft BI solution.

I wish I could refresh a PowerBI Dataset with SSIS.

Do you know if it is possible to refresh a PowerBI dataset with SSIS?

Take care of yourself and your family.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lidou_Cand 

We can  refresh Power BI dataset with REST API using SSIS.

For more details ,please refer to this document.
How to refresh power bi dataset rest api using ssis 

To accomplish the goal, firstly, we created the Azure Active Directory application and configured OAuth Connection Manager based on it. Then we retrieved Power BI dataset Id and used it in ZappySys SSIS PowerPack connector REST API Task. Finally, using the same REST API Task we made the HTTP request to Power BI REST API “refreshes” method and successfully refreshed the dataset. Therefore, if you need to make a call to another Power BI REST API method, you will be more confident in doing that, as you know how to call dataset refresh method already. Finally finally, if you make many and huge requests to Power BI REST API, make sure you check its limitations.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lidou_Cand 

We can  refresh Power BI dataset with REST API using SSIS.

For more details ,please refer to this document.
How to refresh power bi dataset rest api using ssis 

To accomplish the goal, firstly, we created the Azure Active Directory application and configured OAuth Connection Manager based on it. Then we retrieved Power BI dataset Id and used it in ZappySys SSIS PowerPack connector REST API Task. Finally, using the same REST API Task we made the HTTP request to Power BI REST API “refreshes” method and successfully refreshed the dataset. Therefore, if you need to make a call to another Power BI REST API method, you will be more confident in doing that, as you know how to call dataset refresh method already. Finally finally, if you make many and huge requests to Power BI REST API, make sure you check its limitations.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I've just seen your answer.

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, I can't test this solution because we do not have the ZappySys Rest API task.

Do you know if it's possible to resolve my issue without this Task ?

Thank you.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Lidou_Cand ,

There is an option for SQL Server Analysis service database in sources if that can help

As far as I know, this is an upcoming feature discussed in Business Submit

https://mymbas.microsoft.com/sessions/67925f36-c04c-43c2-9411-bf51b8bd2cc6?source=sessions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.