Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Quickly add new queries in Power Query BI

Hello, someone has an idea of how you could add new queries in a faster way, without having to go from one to one... I am loaded the xq sheets I plan to append them but apparently PB does not allow me to append if they are not loaded as new queries. could anyone help me?

Alexgamb20_0-1643731202998.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

The dynamic method is shared by the link above.

You need to add a step in advanced editor:

vjaneygmsft_0-1644372587329.png

Using formula in pq:

CombineTable= Table.Combine(Source[Data])

It involves privacy, so I can only take screenshots step by step. Here is my sample:

vjaneygmsft_0-1645001365298.png

vjaneygmsft_1-1645001401206.png

vjaneygmsft_2-1645001406814.png

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The question is not focused on that!

What I want is to avoid loading the queries as it has green and then do the red color. my question is if I can append the queries without having to add them (Green color), I want to append them directly, I have many approximate 40 sheets with the same # of columns and I want to append them to use 1 a query.

Alexgamb20_0-1644330772535.png

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

The dynamic method is shared by the link above.

You need to add a step in advanced editor:

vjaneygmsft_0-1644372587329.png

Using formula in pq:

CombineTable= Table.Combine(Source[Data])

It involves privacy, so I can only take screenshots step by step. Here is my sample:

vjaneygmsft_0-1645001365298.png

vjaneygmsft_1-1645001401206.png

vjaneygmsft_2-1645001406814.png

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

I would say you are a crazy my friend, this is what I needed.. although I see that the names of the columns were changed to an additional one followed by DATA. Column Name. is there a way to fix this?

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

I think that should be automatic, because you merge by custom code, It needs to distinguish different columns. If you mind, it needs to be modified manually.

If you have problem, Please take a screenshot and feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Janey

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , Duplicate and change table name or sheet name in advance editor, option on the right click of table

This in turn would be rework, I imagine that I now have 50 project tables and 50 of costs I should do 100 change 😞 actions

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

These queries can be added quite fast by right-clicking a "cell" and selecting add as new query or perhaps in this case the best option is to skip this and use Table.Combine(Source[Data]) as a step. This will create an appended table.

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/n%C3%A4ttiahov-00001/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Can you show an example? I need each table to be appended one after another so that in the dax model and applications I can use a single data query.

I found a post describing what I meant with table.combine: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Query-Dynamically-Append-from-Table-of-Tables/m-p/960...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I couldn't do it you can show a video doing the procedure?

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

You can try this in PQ:

vjaneygmsft_0-1644309805135.png

vjaneygmsft_1-1644309814674.png

vjaneygmsft_2-1644309876283.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.