Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nufffins
Frequent Visitor

Questions about line charts

Hello!

I have built Power BI files for three different projects with similar line charts, but the charts behave differently, and I am trying to figure out why. I have two questions/problems.

The picture shows as an example graph from the first Power BI. This is the ideal line chart - there are 18 lines and when I hover my mouse over the line it shows the tooltip only for that line.

nufffins_3-1658821932071.png

I wanted to build exactly same Power BI for the next project, but I ran to a limitation of 10 lines. The second chart should also have 18 lines, but it shows only 10. The first question is - where does the limitation come from and is it possible to show more lines?

And for the third Power BI the problem is that the tooltip shows information for all the lines, but I want to show it for only one like for the first two graphs. The only differenceI can think of is, that this chart currently has only 5 lines.

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nufffins ,

As far as I know , there is no limitation on the number of lines in Power BI Line chart. If your data model in second Power BI report is the same as the first one. I think two chart should be the same. What the visual looks like should be impacted by the size of your visual or other filters in your report. Please check whether there are some other filters in your report in Page level or Report level.

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please share a sample file with me. And show me a screenshot with the result you want. This will make it easier for me to find the solution.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! Thanks for the answer and willingness to help.
The data model is not exactly the same for the three files, but it is very similar. I prepared a sample PowerBI and files. They are here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d4cd23c978bc4795b18077707150ed0020220729095357/8adc7246b63ad1e4b7e7...

Firstly I want to know if it is possible to show more than 10 lines on the graph.
Second issue, that I didn't address in this topic, is that I would want the shaded standard deviation error area to be on both side of the line. Example screenshots are in the other topic: Re: Shaded standard deviation on line graph - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.