Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beenherebefore
Frequent Visitor

Question on a Statistical Measure - Consistency of Usage

I am building a report using the Power BI API connector to gather usage information.

I would like to measure what I would call the consistency of use. 

For instance, given the views of two report over a 12 day period, one with a view each day and the second with 6 views on day one and 6 views on day 12, I would like to demostrate that the first shows more consistant use than the second.

d116
d21 
d31 
d41 
d51 
d61 
d71 
d81 
d91 
d101 
d111 
d1216

Avg16

The Average returns 1 for the first period and 6 for the second period. But that is misleading. The second period clearly had less activity throughout the period. I would want to be able to show that Report 1 shows more consistant use.

What statistical measurement would be used to describe the consistancy of activity over a period of time? How would I implement this in Power Bi?

Thx

1 REPLY 1
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@beenherebefore ,

Have attached a pbix that will give you a couple of ideas.

Main point is to Count the Days viewed rather than a sum of actual views.

Have created a Multi-row Card Visual and a Column Chart....just ideas to help get you started.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.