Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query not showing properly on the data tab

I have an issue with data visualization where one of the querys is not showing up properly. If I look at the querys the table shows correctly but on the data tab outside the Query editor it appears as an empty table. 

The query is a little bit special so I add the code below and some screenshots. Some parts are in spanish but they are only names of the steps and some variables. 

In order to provide some context, I'm looking for a way to create a single query with all the preexisting querys but with a column that identifies the original query. I would like to do that without having to add a column in each query with it's name.

Thank you in advance.

let
Origen = #sections,
Section1 = Origen[Section1],
#"Convertido en tabla" = Record.ToTable(Section1),
#"Filas inferiores quitadas" = Table.RemoveLastN(#"Convertido en tabla",1),
#"Filas filtradas" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filas inferiores quitadas", each [Name] <> "AGREGAT"),
#"Se expandió Value" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Filas filtradas", "Value", {"var1", "var2", "var3"})
in
#"Se expandió Value"

1113.png

1112.png

let
Origen = #sections,
Section1 = Origen[Section1],
#"Convertido en tabla" = Record.ToTable(Section1),
#"Filas inferiores quitadas" = Table.RemoveLastN(#"Convertido en tabla",1),
#"Filas filtradas" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filas inferiores quitadas", each [Name] <> "AGREGAT"),
#"Se expandió Value" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Filas filtradas", "Value", {"var1", "var2", "var3"})
in
#"Se expandió Value"

3 REPLIES 3
stavmu

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a query based on #sections. did you similiar to solve yours?

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you are using a Power Query function in Microsoft Excel to combine multiple queries into a single query, and you are having trouble visualizing the resulting data table in the Excel worksheet.

There are a few possible reasons why the resulting data table might not be showing up properly in the Excel worksheet. One reason could be that the data table is too large to be displayed in a single worksheet. Another reason could be that the data table has been placed in a location in the worksheet that is not visible, or that the data table has been hidden.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

• Check the size of the resulting data table by looking at the dimensions of the table in the Power Query editor. If the table is too large to be displayed in a single worksheet, you can try splitting the data into multiple worksheets, or you can try using a PivotTable to summarize the data.
  • Check the location of the data table in the Excel worksheet. If the data table has been placed in a location that is not visible, you can try scrolling to the location of the table, or you can try using the Find and Replace feature to search for the table.
  • Check the visibility of the data table in the Excel worksheet. If the data table has been hidden, you can try unhiding the table by using the Format option in the ribbon, or you can try using the Find and Replace feature to search for the table.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the screenshots are from Power Bi. I'm using the function in Power Bi. The function combines all the queries that appear above the combined one ("LIQ1T2021","LIQ2T2021",...). All these 7 individual queries work perfectly and I can see them on the data tab and use them for the reports.

Also the size shouldn't be a problem cause each query has at most 150 rows, adding to a total of 1100 rows maximum.

Just to add more information, the Excel file used as a source contains basic tables in different sheets, each sheet showing as a separate query in Power Bi. 

Thanks for the help

Ger

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.