Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

venkatasuresh_g
Helper III
Helper III

Quadrant chart / Dot plot chart inputs needed with text data.

Hi All 

I have one data set ( pasted below)  which is more of text than any Measures ( I removed some unwanted fields likeowner, business unit and others whcih are more of slicers) , our management want to see this data in a way like Quadrant chart ,   What I have seen so far for Quadrant chart in examples every where its done with some measures not with text data. 

Application_NameDurabilityCompositionHosting
Application1PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application2Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application3Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application4Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application5PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application6PhysicalPhysicalOn-Premise
Application7Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application8Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud
Application9Hypervisor IndependentVirtualOn-Premise
Application10Auto Failover (App)SaaSCloud

This is the sample report they provided me how they want to see data. I can make the title bar on top for Site dependency , but I could not get the data in the way theu wanted in table inside with Composition and Durability as axis/quadrants.

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @venkatasuresh_g ,

As you know, the axises only can put numbers. After researching, I'm afraid there is not a workaround to implement add text values into axises. Maybe you could add count or frequency of Composition and Durability into them.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.