Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Q&A performance issues

Hi,

I have a dataset with 40 million rows.
When i try to use Q&A visual, it is either very slow (taking almost one minute to return results) or it gives pop-up message that dataset is too large for Q&A to handle.

Is there any known dataset size limitation for using Q&A visual?

Additionally, is there any AI solution that we can use to ask questions about data in our dataset?

There is AI Lens visual, but it handles much less amount of data.

Best regards,
Nemanja Andic

3 REPLIES 3
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Thank you for the answers.
It seems just that the issue was on internet side when i was testing it.
When i tried it tomorrow, performance was as expected.
Closing this ticket.

Best regards,
Nemanja Andic

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nandic 

Given the size of the dataset, the caching mechanism may not be able to optimize performance to the level required for an immediate response. You can check the following link:

Use Q&A with live connections in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
For more tailored AI solutions, consider exploring SynapseML, which simplifies complex machine learning tasks. It allows the creation of machine learning models that can efficiently process and analyze large amounts of data. You can check out the following documents:

SynapseMl first model - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StrategicSavvy
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi @nandic 

the only limitation of Q&A I am aware is it is responding only in english. apart from this the performance is determined by capacity you are using. did you use service or desktop file? 

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

My LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/lukasz-kozdron 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.