Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanV

Project Web App Updates not Updating the PowerBI PWA App

I have my PWA connected to the PWA App in PowerBI. There are multiple dashboards in this. Even though it says that it's been updated as of today (shows at the top centre of the page): the project data seems to be updated... BUT, the resources dashboards don't seem to be updated. I added like 20 resources over the past 3 weeks but none of them are showing.

Any insight into this weird behaviour or tips to trigger it to update?

On the left of the PWA PowerBI app, it says "PowerBI Microsoft Project Web App 10/26/2022, 4:39:36 PM". In the centre at the top of PowerBI screen it says: "Microsoft Project Web App | Data updated 12/20/22"

I'm was using a trial license and now I have a pro license. I'm viewing this PWA PowerBI App within the browser.

5 REPLIES 5
RyanV

Also, nothing shows in Project Status. Trying to understand where it pulls data from in PWA so I can populate data there. Thanks.

1.PNG

RyanV

On the Project Assignments page in the PWA PowerBI App, not all of the resources and their assignments are showing. Also, as per the attached, even though I have costs put into the Project Details page in PWA, that cost is not showing in the PWA PowerBIA App as can be seen from the pictures.

I have used the refresh button several times.

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.39.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.38.49 AM.png

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RyanV ,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to connect to Project Web App in Service. And the data seems not be updated to the latest one. Could you please provide some screenshots for it in order to make troubleshooting? Thank you.

Connect to Project Web App with Power BI

yingyinr_0-1671713489308.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You've asked me to post screenshots. I have. Do you have a response?

Hi. I've been trying to work through this. I think it may be that I don't have all the data fields setup and populated with data within PWA. Here is a screenshot as an example.

• See the Health columns in attached file "1". Nothing seems to be mapping there. What fields do these map over to in PWA?
    1.PNG
  • Also, in the Project Assignments dashboard, it is not updating with all of the resources in PWA and their project assignments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.