Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DTaraboletti
Helper I
Helper I

Problems with formula for creating cumulative counts for a Task Burn-Up Chart

This appears to be a common question within this board and elsewhere on the internet...but having reviewed multiple posts, I'm still unable to do a calculation for cummulative task values for use in a burn-up chart.   

I've used the following link as a primary reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJLypl5HJg

The forumla referenced is shown below and appears at 4:08 within the video

DTaraboletti_1-1691675071213.png

And have tried to duplicate this formula within Power BI Desktop as noted below.   

DTaraboletti_0-1691674980234.png

As presented within the screenshot... I have a prepared a table that includes weekly counts of planned and baseline finish counts.   The table includes all dates (Column 2) ...irrespective of whether or not tasks are planned for that week (reference 0 values in columns 3 & 4).

Column 1 and the formula bar represent my attempts at creating a cummulative count of Planned tasks (column 3 above).   

The (desired) resulting table should look like the Excel generated version below...with the yellow columns being the desired, calculated columns.

DTaraboletti_2-1691675699663.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DTaraboletti
Helper I
Helper I

Found the solution....

Cummulative Planned Finished Task Count = CALCULATE(sum('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Weekly Planned Finish Task Count]), FILTER (ALLSELECTED('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End]),'Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End] <= MAX('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DTaraboletti
Helper I
Helper I

Found the solution....

Cummulative Planned Finished Task Count = CALCULATE(sum('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Weekly Planned Finish Task Count]), FILTER (ALLSELECTED('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End]),'Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End] <= MAX('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End])))

DTaraboletti
Helper I
Helper I

The formula that i'm currently using in Power BI Desktop (shown above in screenshot) is provided before for clarity and for easier viewing:

Cummulative Planned Finished Task Count = CALCULATE(SUM('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Weekly Planned Finish Task Count]),'Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End] <= MAX('Project Schedule Burn-Up Weekly Count'[Period Week End]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.