Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielPrieto
Advocate I
Advocate I

Problem with updating a custom visual

We have some visuals that they update when we change the slicers option and this work fine with default visuals.

However, if we download and import some custom visual like histogram chart and we select a option that not contain data, this should generate a empty chart, but the result is the same chart that the last modification that did have data.

Is this a bug for this kind of visuals?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@danielPrieto,

I am unable to reproduce your issue. Have you checked that if you choose Filter option for the custom visual? Enable "Edit interactions" option under Format ribbon, then click on the slicer, make sure that you choose "Filter" rather than "None" option in the custom visual.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for answer. I explain my problem in more detail below. (I ckecked the interactions and it is not the problem)

Suppose that we have a simple relational model like this:

relationalModel.png

where i have 4 groups with their corresponding users and points by each user. Suppose that Group4 has no users. I make a report with histogram and stacked column chart that have the same parameters and my filter is the column "name" of table "groups". The result is something like this:

report1.png

Now, for example if I click in Group1 the visuals changes without problems:

report2.png
The problem is when I click on Group4 that has no data. In this case the column stacked bar don`t show anything (because there is no data to show and this is ok) but the histogram keeps showing the same information that the last selection that did have data.

report3.png
When I select a filter that has no data, histogram also should be empty.

Regards,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.