Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndrejZitnay
Post Patron
Post Patron

Problem with external sharing

Hello all,

I have dashboard which I need to share with our external stakeholders.

I get bellow message when I am adding their email [it is regular business email not yahoo or google]

Capture.JPG

I can't share if i thick to send email notification to recipients.

If i untick hat option than I can share but there is only Cancel Invite option next to them.

First two read examples are people from my organisation and third is external email.

Capture1.JPG

I have seen screen shots that recipients of my email are on Power BI. They have registered with their work email addresses but they don't see my dashboard in "Shared with me" section.

They are ready to purchase Power BI pro version but firstly they need to see my dashboard.

Can you help?

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Andrej

8 REPLIES 8
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AndrejZitnay,

As mentioned here, they see the shared dashboard or report in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. They have to bookmark the link to access this dashboard or report in the future.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

Just one more comment. I can’t share anything with external people in give access area.

Is there any setting in admin portal? I can speak with our IT who have these admin rights.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Andrej

@AndrejZitnay,

The Power BI admin portal does not include this setting. You may just Give Feedback.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

You are suggesting that I should send them link for dashboard? Same which I can see when I am about to share dashboard? There is link in left bottom corner when I am sharing dashboard.

I am assuming that they would have to sign in for free power BI trial is they want to see my dashboard.

I am assuming that they will not have access to data source or underlined data. I want to share with them only dashboard and report which is related to this dashboard.

They can then add my link to their Power BI? And use it for example in iPad? I am just thinking about user friendly access.

I am assuming that not everybody whom will get that link can see my data but only people whom I add to shared section.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Andrej

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

sorry to be a pain but can you confirm on this?

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

You are suggesting that I should send them link for dashboard? Same which I can see when I am about to share dashboard? There is link in left bottom corner when I am sharing dashboard.

I am assuming that they would have to sign in for free power BI trial is they want to see my dashboard.

I am assuming that they will not have access to data source or underlined data. I want to share with them only dashboard and report which is related to this dashboard.

They can then add my link to their Power BI? And use it for example in iPad? I am just thinking about user friendly access.

I am assuming that not everybody whom will get that link can see my data but only people whom I add to shared section.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Andrej

@AndrejZitnay,

It is well documented. The link you mentioned is for members in your tenant only.

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

I have seen this page several times before this post but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

I have described in my post that after I click to share dashboard there is not success notification if I have ticked "Send email notification to Recipients" meaning there can't be notification to my audience.

I have success message if I untick "Send email notification to Recipients" but I have confirmation from external stakeholder that they can't see anything.

I just need to share my dashboard to 20 external users and it is frustrating that I can't

What should I do if described instruction in your document doesn't work for me?

Is there any other solution?

Sorry to be a pain but this is currently important for my company.

Many thanks.

Kind regards.

Andrej

@AndrejZitnay,

Check this thread and you may also create a support ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.