Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prior Month's Data is Missing (Azure Consumption Insights)

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Power BI and currently using Power BI Desktop to pull data from the Microsoft Azure Consumptions Inisghts online service feature. I have a table report created to pull specific fields and their respective costs on a month by month basis. Every month has it's own tab with a main tab capturing the total dollar value of each subsequent tab.

For example:

Tab 1 - TOTAL Year to Date

Tab 2 - January

Tab 3 - February

Tab 4 - March

Tab 5 - April

The date filter is as follows: Date - Month is: Month Name (Ex: January)

(I did try using basic and relative date filtering to see if that made a difference and it does not)

I'm noticing that I am only able to "keep" two months worth of data. For example, in November I was able to populate my October and November tabs, but the data in my September tab suddenly vanished on November 1st. When I view the data source, I can clearly see the data goes back 6 months but I am unable to pull it into my report. Now that we're in January, my November information has disappeared and I can only populate December and January. Next month I exepct for December to disappear, and so on..

It's as though there's only a two month sliding window of available data that can be pulled into my reports.

Does anyone know a workaround for this or how to prevent this from happening? My goal is to build upon my data each month and, over time, reflect an entire year's worth of reporting.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

I am only able to "keep" two months worth of data. For example, in November I was able to populate my October and November tabs, but the data in my September tab suddenly vanished on November 1st. When I view the data source, I can clearly see the data goes back 6 months but I am unable to pull it into my report. Now that we're in January, my November information has disappeared and I can only populate December and January. Next month I exepct for December to disappear, and so on.. 

Could you please clarify more details about your requirement? A sample data with expected results will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.