Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gesudaraz

Powerbi desktop version

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Hi, Techies...........</p>
<p>I am using Power BI desktop updated version of last month August 2023, downloaded from Microsoft store. Though I formatted my OS more than thrice, but still facing same issue with this tool. Every time, when I start to open PowerBI desktop version, My PC gets hanged all of sudden, along with this PowerBI desktop version. I am getting irritated every time, whenever I run this application. On my laptop. Kindly suggest me, the solution, how I can resolve this. Whether I need to upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB or will it be ok with also ................&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
foodd
Super User
Super User

Yes, the first thing is to upgrade the memory to a minimum of 8 GB, and preferably 16 GB.   Currently, you have the minimum amount of RAM that accommodates the Operating System by itself.  Of equal importance is to look at upgrading the hard drive depending on its size.

To make your task easier, Crucial.com has a tool that will scan your computer, and provide compatible memory and hard drive options.    Their pricing is excellent, and they are very reliable.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-get-the-desktop

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
foodd
Super User
Super User

Yes, the first thing is to upgrade the memory to a minimum of 8 GB, and preferably 16 GB.   Currently, you have the minimum amount of RAM that accommodates the Operating System by itself.  Of equal importance is to look at upgrading the hard drive depending on its size.

To make your task easier, Crucial.com has a tool that will scan your computer, and provide compatible memory and hard drive options.    Their pricing is excellent, and they are very reliable.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-get-the-desktop

Glad that this worked out for you.   Crucial is a key to memory and storage upgrades.   Best of luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.