Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MC_Business

PowerBi not updating new fields added in QuickBase Table

Hello Forum, 

I have been working with QuickBase shortly and long enough with PowerBi to know tips and tricks, no super expert because you alwasy learn somethign new, anyhow I have an issue described below:

I have one table connected with QuickBase succesfully and refreshing data of 92 columns, recently I have added another 3 columns, anyhow, seems the PowerBi connector with QucikBase does not work as the one with Excel, where you can add extra columns and within Excel file and just by having the file saved and then clicking the Refresh Button in PowerBi Desktop it will automatically pull new columns/data in the report.

I have searched the web and found nothing related to my issue.

Thanks in advance all who can help me.

4 REPLIES 4
tharunkumarRTK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@MC_Business 

Did you look at the M-code in the advanced editor? is it limiting the columns while retrieving or while expanding the table? is yes, then I would suggest you to retrive the list of columns dynamically as a list and then pass the list while expanding the table.

If the post helps please give a thumbs up

If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tharun

Hello tharunkumarRTK, thank you for

your reply, Yes I have looked at the M-Code on advanded editor, anyhow it only shows the link to Quickbase, and the table selected and 'seems' there's no restriction regarding columns but there's no field to select them either.

I created a new PBi in another PC with a brand new token and still the same result.

once again thank you for your time on this.

I used this link to navigate through Advanced editor:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtkrL8iQHag

if there are more features you may know in advanced editor let me know.

@MC_Business 
I think, this needs furhter investigation.

is it happening only with power bi? have you tried pulling this table into any other client tool?

@tharunkumarRTK I have not tried with another another tool rather than PowerBi since is my favorite one but will search another tools to test it.

Thanks for your time on this.

I'm thinking on removing all tokens and creating new ones but un aware if this will affect to the PBi actually created. Will make some testa with new tools and will see how this goes.

If you have more ideas let me know.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.