Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kinjalshah
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi-Reduced Refresh Time in Powerbi Services

Hi,

I want to reduced refresh time in powerbi services. for large data SSAS Cube.

I have processed the below approaches.

1) I am trying to Connect two Powerbi Connection in Single report.

but once I added one connection the Get data source options are disabled.

2) Add Union and Append query in Datatable. 

But I did not get the proper solution for the above approaches.

Let us know if any other solutions for the above problem other then moving to the premium workspace and use incremental refresh.

Please note include refresh option will also not work here as we are looking for automated refresh options.

Thanks,

Kinjal Shah

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @kinjalshah ,

I have a little confused about your scenario.

If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to get dataset of Power BI dataset in Power BI Desktop for one report.

If it is, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve that as we only could get one dataset with live connection in Power BI Desktop for one report currently.

In addition, what automated refresh do you mean? Normally, we could set schedule refersh for the dataset in Power BI Service.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Actually, I have More than 1.5 cr rows in the table so I have split this table in two-part, one has approx. 1.25 cr records and others are daily refreshed

So for this i have followed the below approach.

1)By Union Query: I have added 1.25 cr record in a single table and disabled on "Include in Refresh" options. and add other tables.
which have daily data .so now we have combined this two table by Union functions.but when I published this reports in powerbi.
every time it is refreshed with full data load. (1.25 Cr + Daily Data refreshed)

2) By Live connection: I have load 1.25 cr record and published in powerbi. then I used it into new reports.
but when I add new data source the "Get Data source" are disabled.

so due to a huge amount of rows, it takes more than 2 hours.and i want to reduce that time.

Let us know if any other solutions for the above problem other then moving to the premium workspace and use incremental refresh.

Thanks,
Kinjal Shah

Hi @kinjalshah ,

For your requirement, I'm afraid that you could install the gateway in the device where your data source exists, this could reduce the refresh time. 

Best Regard,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.