Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khush19
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBI : how to show legends even when no data is there

I have 1 DIM table status ,which has column called "status" where diff customer can have diff status and this is link to Fact table.

Now i have Slicers which points to Status column in Dim,So requirement is what ever values are selected in Slicer ,In legends it should show all status ,no matter values are present or not.

For this I can create Measures and show but challenge here is this status is dynamic as diff customer can have diff status.

khush19_0-1632837651237.png

So here I created 4 measures (Issued,Void,reissued,Warning) and added in chart ,so that even if values are not there and in slicer user select any status,it will show all legends.

But down the line we can have some other status,but as measure is not created it wnt show

2 REPLIES 2
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @khush19 ,

If I understood you right, you wanted to show the complete status even if the data changes.

In that case, I will create a separate table with the complete list of all the possible status.

Then create a relationship to your dynamic status. 

So I can retain the complete list of status and if I will use one status, it will reflect to my DIM table 

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would create second visual which cannot be filtered by slicer and try to format it to look as part of other visual 🤔

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.