Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Chandramouli_BI
Helper III
Helper III

PowerBI Urgent help

In my Dashboard there are 4 table visuals ( A,B,C,D). Hierarchy order is A->B->C->D

A-->B  1-Many Relationship

B-->C  1-Many Relationship

C-->D  1-Many Relationship

In Table Visual A I clicked on particular row then Table visual B is filtered, If I click on particular column in B then Table visual C is filtered & If I clik on particular row in Table visual C, Table visual D is filtered.  Now the problem is I am not able to see which rows I clicked on each table. Since this is a hierarchy order I want to see the each row (which I clicked on).  Someone please help me with this.

Note: Requrement from client is such that I cannot use slicers/filters for this. The above is the exact requirement

1 REPLY 1
crispybits77
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not at a computer with Power BI on it right now (on my tablet on the train) but I think you could do this with a measure to either display in a column on the table or to choange the colour of one of the columns (so leave it default for anything that isn't selected and give it a colour if that row is selected.

The measure would look something like IF(Table[Value]=SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Value]), "do something", "do something else") but as I say I don't have PBI right now and I'm not good enough at DAX to write that kinda thing off the top of my head so there will probably be a complication I'm not considering (maybe you'll have to add in an IF(ISFILTERED... too)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.