Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

marcor9300

PowerBI: How do we permanently unfreeze the matrix table visualisation?

Hello - my question is with respect to the matrix visual in PowerBI.

- I have to create a very large table with alot of fields.

- Initially, it seems that the row fields are in a frozen pane but you can scroll left and right on the values field

- I am able to unfreeze the table by right clicking the table and then unfreeze so that I can scroll left and right on the full table.
- However, when I close and reopen the dashboard, the row fields become frozen again.

How do I permanently unfreeze the table so that when I reopen PowerBI the table remains unfrozen?

I've attached an example with dummy data, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
marcor9300

Thanks Adam - I have updated my PowerBI desktop to the latest version and I have also attempted the bookmark method but it still doesn't remain. Is there another solution? Thanks! 

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcor9300 ,

Update Power BI Desktop: Make sure you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Also according to your description, the best way to save the status after the operation is to create a bookmark. refer to the following:

vkongfanfmsft_0-1716171946729.png

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

marcor9300

I can't attach a file so please find screeenshot below.

Currently it just allows me to scroll left and right within the arrows.

marcor9300_0-1715957704068.png
I can click on unfreeze row headers on the matrix and it works I can the move the full table left and right

marcor9300_1-1715957785173.png

However, when I close PowerBI and reopen it, the table is frozen again. I would like to permanently unfreeze the table.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.