Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Halloween
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Dataflow can't be accessed

Hi

I have created PowerBI Dataflows and can schedule the refresh well without having any issue. 

However when tried to pull them via Get Data in PowerBI Desktop using the Organizational Account, I always get error messages such as:

* "The given credential could not be refreshed - You're not signed in" 
* "The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT Admin if this issue persists"

Please note that creating Workspaces and publish any PBIX to PowerBI App without any issue.

The problem is only when the PowerBI Desktop try to get the data from PowerBI Dataflow.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Many thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Halloween ,

For this type of error message, you need to make sure that when you create a dataset in Power BI Desktop and then publish it to the Power BI service, the credentials used for the data source of the data stream in Power BI Desktop are the same as the credentials used when publishing the dataset to the service.

vhenrykmstf_0-1667207428554.png

Also, to better understand how a dataflow refresh operation performs, review the Refresh History for the dataflow by navigating to Dataflow > Settings > Refresh History. You can also select the dataflow in the Workspace > context menu (…) > Refresh History.

For more details, you can read below document:

Dataflows Limitations, restrictions and supported connectors and features - Power BI | Microsoft Lea...

Understanding and optimizing dataflows refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Halloween ,

For this type of error message, you need to make sure that when you create a dataset in Power BI Desktop and then publish it to the Power BI service, the credentials used for the data source of the data stream in Power BI Desktop are the same as the credentials used when publishing the dataset to the service.

vhenrykmstf_0-1667207428554.png

Also, to better understand how a dataflow refresh operation performs, review the Refresh History for the dataflow by navigating to Dataflow > Settings > Refresh History. You can also select the dataflow in the Workspace > context menu (…) > Refresh History.

For more details, you can read below document:

Dataflows Limitations, restrictions and supported connectors and features - Power BI | Microsoft Lea...

Understanding and optimizing dataflows refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Halloween , Click on Sign in. It should open a new window. If that does not open. Then do the following.

1. In File -> Options and Settings -> Data source setting-> clear permission of existing data flow connection 

2. Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

if need create cache of default browser

Hi,
I have the same issue and tried your solution. It worked for half a day but now the error message is back and I can't seem to be able to fix it...
Do you have other ideas?

I don't know if this could be related but I recently upgraded from Power BI Pro to Premium Per User. It was fine for a few days before the error messages poped up...

Thanks @amitchandak.

I have done step 1 and 2 and still getting the same error messages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.