Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

samw5
Helper II
Helper II

PowerBI CSV report to Published report

I have a PowerBI report that was created using a local CSV.

We since moved the CSV to our OneDrive account and would like to publish the said report but use the new CSV that's dynamically updated daily.

I've tried publishing and changing the data source on Desktop prior to publishing but it won't let me connect to the OneDrive file. I'm able to add the data file and create a dataset in the online version but then I don't have a way to import the report parts and would need to manually recreate the report.

More importantly, I am doing some manipulation on the CSV data (advanced queries) which I don't see how do do in the web version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samw5 ,

According to your description, you can upload the local CSV file to MICROSOFT OneDrive first, and then connect the uploaded csv file via get data on powerbi service to create the report. When the data in the csv file changes, refresh the dataset and the data in the REPORT will be updated in real time.

I did the test with the following reference:

vhenrykmstf_0-1635130816365.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1635130821396.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1635130829728.png

vhenrykmstf_3-1635130834359.pngvhenrykmstf_4-1635130841581.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samw5 ,

According to your description, you can upload the local CSV file to MICROSOFT OneDrive first, and then connect the uploaded csv file via get data on powerbi service to create the report. When the data in the csv file changes, refresh the dataset and the data in the REPORT will be updated in real time.

I did the test with the following reference:

vhenrykmstf_0-1635130816365.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1635130821396.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1635130829728.png

vhenrykmstf_3-1635130834359.pngvhenrykmstf_4-1635130841581.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

samw5
Helper II
Helper II

Another alternative would be, how do I enter the advanced query editor for a connected dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.