Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjl007
Frequent Visitor

Power query count differs from data model table

I'm stuck.  I combined three large excel-sourced Power Query queries into one combined query using Load To "connection only" and then in final step after combining went to Load To: and unchecked Load to Data Model.  My power pivot model worked fine until I did a Refresh of the query (of combined three queries). The refresh shows the correct count, say 1.2m records in Power Query but my data model in Power Pivot shows a count of only (say) 1m, 200K less records. I have refreshed both from power Pivot (data view) and from within Power Query a couple times. Power Query shows the 1.2m records but Power Pivot / Data View shows only the 1.0m.  Can anyone see what I need to do to get the full 1.2m count into Power Pivot?   Thanks for all your support.   Jeff

1 REPLY 1
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

@jjl007 

Hi Jeff,

So you're doing this in Excel?

If you've unchecked the Add this data to the Data Model box then the query results won't get loaded into Power Pivot.  So how have you gotten the data into PP?  I'm a bit unclear as to what data you are looking at in PP.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.