Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raj_47220
Regular Visitor

Power Bi service shows different data in a table visual than in Power bi desktop.

I am creating a table visual using columns from Table A and Table B (Relationship bw table A and B is M:M). Once I publish the data to power bi service, the table visual in power bi service shows me extra records.

3 REPLIES 3
Bipin-Lala
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Raj_47220,

Based on the information provided, it's challenging to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. However, here are some suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the extra records appearing in your table visual in Power BI Service:

1. Check for any discrepancies in filters between Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop. Ensure that the filters applied in both environments are consistent and do not cause unintended data display differences.
  2. Verify that the dataset is refreshing correctly in Power BI Service. Refresh issues can sometimes lead to data discrepancies, including extra records being displayed.

3. . Since you mentioned it's a many-to-many (M:M) relationship, ensure that the relationships are set up correctly and that they are not causing duplication

It would be beneficial to share more details such as screenshots of the visuals, data, or even the PBIX file itself. This additional information would enable the community to investigate the issue more thoroughly and provide targeted suggestions to address the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions!

thanks for the response @Bipin-Lala 

1. I have checked the filters between Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop and there are no discrepancies.

2. Dataset has been refreshed successfully.

3. If M:M is causing duplication then it should happen in Power Bi Desktop also. Why it is happening only in Service.

Would be happy to hear back from you Sir.

Hi @Raj_47220,

Well, if that's the case, I believe you would need to share some more information about the data to investigate further such as screenshots of the visuals, data, counts, or even the PBIX file itself. The details that you have shared till now aren't enough to pinpoint the cause of the issue and explore potential solutions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.