Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SriGaG
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi refresh running failing from Server when switched off the PC

Dear Experts, The extract refresh of my power bi file uploaded in to power bi service is failing when I switch off my pc. It only works if my pc is on live. My datasource is a python file which was embedded to power bi desktop and it extracts the data from a web page. (The python code is a web scraping code)

Can you please tell me how to make it run even my pc is switched off? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriGaG,

In your case, you need a personal gateway to refresh the data, in the offline state, the gateway does not work, so you can not refresh the data.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SriGaG ,

you have to install an on-premises gateway in the "personal mode" as an on-premises gateway in standard mode does not support R or python scripts that are uses from inside Power Query.

Make sure that the on-premises machine also has the same Python environment installed then your desktop machine.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-personal-mode

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.