Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tyjames05
Helper I
Helper I

Power Bi Pro Desktop Trouble with average in Matrix table

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with the average in my matrix table. I've looked at other threads with similiar problems and I don't seem to figure it out. I have a column in my table call "PPH". I want the average of the PPH to show up in the "Total" at the bottom. I'm affaird its giving me the total PPH dividied by the number of days. The numbers aren't coming out correctly. The PPH is basically the "Finished Product" divided by the number of hours worked. Any help would be greatly appreicated. 

tyjames05_0-1701728001689.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @tyjames05 

You can try the following methods.

Measure:

PPH = AVERAGEX(ALL('Table'),DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Finished Product]),SUM('Table'[Hours Worked])))

vzhangti_0-1701929080814.png

Is this the result you expect? Please see the attached document.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CoreyP
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I think you want to use AVERAGEX

Here is how the table looks. Can you show me how to type out the averagex code?

tyjames05_0-1701731473560.png

Hi, @tyjames05 

Average = AVERAGEX('Table',[PPH])Average = AVERAGEX('Table',[PPH])

vzhangti_0-1701844252881.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tyjames05_0-1701882769467.png

When I'm putting in the date to the spreadsheet, I have a column for PPH. I manually put this in. Lets say we left it out and we created a new measure to divide the finished product by total hours worked, would that then create the correct PPH in the total row at the bottom?

tyjames05_0-1701879254050.png

It gives me an error. If you look back at the original table. The PPH value at the bottom in the "Total" row should be Finished Product divided by Sum of Hours worked. We take the number of pieces produced and divide that by the number of hours worked. This gives us the operators pieces per hour metric. The PPH in the Total row now is not accurate. It should read 46.87 because 5508/117.51 is 46.872606 but we only use two decimal spots, so 46.87.

Hi, @tyjames05 

Measure:

PPH = AVERAGEX(ALL('Table'),DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Finished Product]),SUM('Table'[Hours Worked])))

vzhangti_0-1701929080814.png

Best Regards,

Hey I have another question for you. It's in the same report. I'm trying to add these 3 columns to get a total.. and the DAX formula that I'm using is coming out all messed up. 

TA = SUMX('RawData', RawDATA[Total Assemblies for Above Cell During Selected Shift]+RawDATA[Total CUT TO LENGTH pieces for Above Cell During Selected Shift]+RawDATA[Total PARFLEX pieces for Above Cell During Selected Shift]
Thats what I'm using. But if you look at the second picture once I select the measure to add to the table it doesn't compute correctly. I think the reason might have to do with somedays there are multiple entries for the same cell. Cell 2 might have multiple entries because part of the day they worked on assemblies and another part of the day they worked on CTLs.

tyjames05_0-1704206359050.png

tyjames05_1-1704206440441.png

Very good man. It works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.