Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JamesVanWaza
Regular Visitor

Power BI is not updating

Hi, I am trying to update to Power BI December 2022 on Microsoft Store. But I keep downloading and it doesn't update to the latest version. Is there a way I can share a video showing the update not working? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JamesVanWaza . Make sure, you close all power bi instance from the task manager.

For me, it took 4-5 times on one machine. Another one it updated automatically.

But you are also facing a good idea to report an issue too - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jbenson
Helper III
Helper III

has there been updates on this issue where power bi will not update?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JamesVanWaza . Make sure, you close all power bi instance from the task manager.

For me, it took 4-5 times on one machine. Another one it updated automatically.

But you are also facing a good idea to report an issue too - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

So I closed the app, and it took me back to Microsoft Store and I clicked open from there. I am hoping that it updates. If not will create a ticket. 

As of January 13, 2023 The issue is recurring. If anybody knows how to solve the issue, let me know. 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.