Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anthonyc5
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dashboard/report size

I could not find any solutions that seemed to help with my current issue. (screenshot below)

I want to have a dark background for my Power BI dashboard. The issue that I am having seems common, when I pin a full report there is a white background/border that is between my report background and my dashboard background. I have tried resizing, probably spent 4-5 hours on just that already. No size ratio seemed to completely get rid of this. Below is a picture, let me know if more info is needed.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the best solution to this was to share the information from the report page (instead of dashboard). We are using tab revolver to filter our information through a monitor. All I needed to do was add "?chromeless=1" to my URL and it looks great. We have everything displayed on a 65" monitor, which is why sizing/scaling has been important. Hopefully this helps any others looking for a similar solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@anthonyc5 ,

You need to use same color for both dashboard background color and tile's background. Please follow the below steps:

1. Go to your Dashboard and click 3 dots at top right corner.

1.JPG

2. Then set same color of both Dashboard and Tile's background like below screen shot:

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@anthonyc5 ,

After applying the above said steps you'll get something like below.

2.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@anthonyc5 ,

Best thing to do is to set transparency level to zero.

Capture.JPG

Capture.PNG

The title "Data" is a tile. The other 'tile' is a full report page pinned to the dashboard, which is where the white background appears. The white border only shows in dashboard mode as the report has the same background as the dashboard.

HI @anthonyc5,

I also test to remove these white place of pin live page tiles but failed. These part seems generated by power bi itself and power bi does not contain any options to modify it.

I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for a more compact layout.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

For now I've elected to use a white background so the border blends with it. We want the spacing/larger titles etc. Hence pinning the full live report. Wanted to double check as I read through a few other posts with similar issues. Thank you guys for youre response. I have notifications on so if there are any updates I will be glad to share.

I found the best solution to this was to share the information from the report page (instead of dashboard). We are using tab revolver to filter our information through a monitor. All I needed to do was add "?chromeless=1" to my URL and it looks great. We have everything displayed on a 65" monitor, which is why sizing/scaling has been important. Hopefully this helps any others looking for a similar solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.