Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksicard2430
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Premium Per User Functionality Questions

Hello,

I have been working in Power BI for a client of mine. They enjoyed the product enough to ask for more! I am being tasked with a large build out for an organization. They wish to use Power BI to fulfill their needs for a Financial Report System & Writer. 

I am familiar with the technical requirements for importing their SAP databases into Power BI to construct the system and etc..

My questions lie with the Power BI Premium Per User licensing to fulfill functionality that my client will need. I have read through the documentation that Microsoft provides on PPU. Can anybody help me understand a few things with the below?

1. What is the Model size limit feature and how does this affect the end user?

2. Are there any limitations with paginated reports (having reports that can be printed will be essential for the project)?

3. Will the PPU licenses allow Power BI to integrate with Power Automate for various automations based off data within Power BI Reports? (I ran into an issue with this previously when working under Power BI Pro Licenseses).

ksicard2430_0-1638860884386.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksicard2430 ,

As a supplement,

1.For an explanation of the Model size limit, please refer to the detailed description of our engineers under this link

and if you need to use large datasets, refer to the following documentation.

2.you can refer to the following documents for many frequently asked questions about paginated reports and the report builder in Power BI Premium.

Paginated reports in Power BI: FAQ

3.In additonal, Premium Per User (PPU) includes all Power BI Pro license capabilities, there is no documentation directly related to the integration with Power Automate, and some limitations may need to be judged based on specific business requirements.

Several combination templates are provided in the reference document.

vhenrykmstf_0-1639103030833.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ksicard2430 ,

As a supplement,

1.For an explanation of the Model size limit, please refer to the detailed description of our engineers under this link

and if you need to use large datasets, refer to the following documentation.

2.you can refer to the following documents for many frequently asked questions about paginated reports and the report builder in Power BI Premium.

Paginated reports in Power BI: FAQ

3.In additonal, Premium Per User (PPU) includes all Power BI Pro license capabilities, there is no documentation directly related to the integration with Power Automate, and some limitations may need to be judged based on specific business requirements.

Several combination templates are provided in the reference document.

vhenrykmstf_0-1639103030833.png

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ksicard2430 ,

Find answers for your questions below :

1. Model size feature term refers to the size of your dataset without compression which will be used to create a power bi report. You have to choose a subscription plan based on your model size.
  2. For Paginated reports, there is no limitation by default but you can set a max size limit for paginated reports in your workspace capacity settings.
    you can refer to this video for detail info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfqn45XNK3M
  3. As per my knowledge, there is no subscription clause while using Power Automate in Power BI.
    For more info refer to this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-new-power-automate-visual-for-power-bi-repor...

Thanks,
Neel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.