Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

josiasbr

Power BI Newbie here - how do I subtract a column from another?

So as you can see in the image, i have 3 measures: anzahl, preis, umsatz

for each I have a Budget and an actual ("Ist")

Now I want to calculate for EACH measure the actual minus the budget, so I know how much i am off my target.

Unfortunately, I only understand that you can calculate with measures, but not with the values inside of a field.

In my data, I have a field that shows either "ist" or "budget", and I am not sure how i can subtract one from the other.

Thank you a lot in advance!image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @josiasbr ,

I'd like to suggest you enter to query editor and do unpivot columns on your values fields to convert them as attribute and value.

Unpivot columns (Power Query)
After these steps, you can use attribute field as row, month, budget/list as column, value on value fields and write a measure to compare with current budget/list based current category group.

If you are confused on coding formula, please share some sample data for test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @josiasbr ,

I'd like to suggest you enter to query editor and do unpivot columns on your values fields to convert them as attribute and value.

Unpivot columns (Power Query)
After these steps, you can use attribute field as row, month, budget/list as column, value on value fields and write a measure to compare with current budget/list based current category group.

If you are confused on coding formula, please share some sample data for test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.