Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joshgirlebennet

Power BI Conditional Formatting or Measure to Change Colour to Bars in Clustered Column Chart

Hi,

I have created a clustered column chart in Power BI and are wanting the column bars to automatically change colour.

The chart does not give me an fx option to format, even when I select each of the series in the dropdown box.

No FX Option.png

This is my dataset – I believe there may be too many columns and rows to allow for conditional formatting.

My Dataset.png

Whenever the bars appear with the data visible grouped by each location which has data representing the four years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, I would like to conditional format or create a measure for the bars to alternate between darker colour reds and lighter colour reds when the dataset appears.

In this example using actual criminal statistics from BOCSAR here in Australia, I would like 2018 to be a lighter red and get darker as Location F has seen an increase in crime over the four year period.

Location F Example.png

In another example below, where crime has decreased and increased in Location E over the four years, I would like to go from a light red colour in 2018, get a lighter red in 2019 as crime decreased, get a lighter red even again in 2020 as crime decreased again but in 2021, make the bar get to a darker red as crime increased in this year.

Location E Example.png

As there is a slider, I would like the shades of red to change as the bars demonstrate the increases and decreases.

Hopefully I have demonstrated what I am trying to achieve.

Would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshgirlebennet ,

The colour of the Clustered Column Chart is changed according to the subject in the visual, with the same colour used for the same category for differentiation and comparison.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1714638769311.png

You can also submit an idea for it at Home (microsoft.com) and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.