Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Harpreet1405_12
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI API

Hello 

I want to collect the data from a web page or application which is made using asp.net language. This website has a lot of information in the form of tables which i want to retrieve instead of copying pasting in an excel spreadsheet. How to automate this process. The following screenshot is one of the examples , this page has multiple filters and if i drill down to each row there are further information for each program. I want to gather data from 2021 to current date.  Also,, This website can only be accessed by the authorzied users I try to connect through web , it is giving me credentials error.

Harpreet1405_12_0-1713205608324.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Harpreet1405_12 ,

Power BI provides an easy way to import data from web pages using its Web Connector. This feature allows you to connect to a web page and extract tables
Because the website you are trying to access requires authentication, you need to make sure that the Web Connector can handle the login process.Power BI's Web Connector primarily supports basic authentication
For complex data, you may need to utilize the power query editor features

For more details, you can read below document;

Tutorial: Import and analyze data from a webpage - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

The Power Query user interface - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is giving me an token header error

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.