Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Baratti

Placing Visuals Using Exact X & Y Coordinates

Hi there, PowerBI enthusiasts!,

I trust this message finds you well. I’m currently working on a project and have encountered a potential area for enhancement in the PowerBI application.

As it stands, I’m not aware of a feature that allows us to use exact X & Y coordinates for placing visuals in the dashboard. This functionality would provide a significant improvement in achieving precise layouts, enabling us to position the visuals exactly where we want them using specific coordinates.

If such a feature is currently available, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to utilise it. If not, I believe this would be a valuable addition to the PowerBI feature set and would enhance the user experience for those super-detailed folks who like their reports as precise as a Swiss watch. 😊

Thank you in advance for any assistance provided.

Cheers and happy data crunching,

7 REPLIES 7
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Please read the provided reply. Have you checked the Format Pane / Size and style, Height & Weight,  Horizontal (X), Vertical (Y)?

Of course you have x , y , width and height in Power Bi  Desktop! This is a basic feature! 

manvishah17
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Baratti ,
Something similar is avaible in PowerBI which tell posititon of plotted visuals...Its not the exact X,Y coordinates but tell you position of your visual. 
Screenshot 2024-05-10 174927.png

Absolutely, it’s smashing and quite useful, but do we also have the dimensions of the visual itself, I mean the Height & Width, just like in PowerApps?

Hi   @Baratti , yes absolutely the image i shared shows the height , width of the visual only , to check for every plotted visual , select it  and go in Format visual-> General -> properties-> position 

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

There should be four details: two for position and two for size, similar to PowerApps. The information below is from PowerApps. Is there something similar in Power BI?

Baratti_0-1715344774421.png

Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello Baratti,

In PowerBi every element placed on the canvas can be manipulated for precise X, Y coordinates : Format Pane / Size and style, Height & Weight,  Horizontal (X), Vertical (Y).

Is this what you were you searching?

Hi, yes, I’ve seen this feature in PowerApps, but where can you set X, Y for positioning a visual in PowerBI Desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.