Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hawke
Frequent Visitor

Pinning Visuals Between Reports not to a Dashboard

Is it possible to pin a visual from one report into another report?  A department in my agency has developed a visual that I would like to include in a report that I am building, but I need it to automatically update anytime the original visual updates.  Is this possible with a pin? Keep in mind, I am not building a dashboard, just another report.  If pinning between reports would give me what I want, do I need to be listed as an admin in the  original report in order for this to work?    I can't find anything online about pinning visuals between reports, everything refers to pinning visuals to dashboards.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't think it is possible to pin a visual to a report. If you have access to the pbix file that department developed, then you can copy and paste that visual in to your report. The visual won't be updated automatically though... But you may be able to automate this process leveraging whatever the tool is available to you.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @hawke  Any updates?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If problem still persists, pls let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @hawke 

Can you explain what develop a visual means?  

vjaneygmsft_0-1634802991395.png

Pinning Visuals Between Reports, I think this idea is inherently unreasonable.

If it is a custom visual, it can be published to Appsource, and then it can be used in batches on the desktop. Of course, you can use it by directly importing it.

vjaneygmsft_2-1634803593988.png

Here are the steps that shows how to publish custom visual:

Publish Power BI visuals to Partner Center - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it is just an ordinary visual, in different reports, if the data structure is the same, it can be directly copied and pasted to use.

Like this:

10.21.gif

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't think it is possible to pin a visual to a report. If you have access to the pbix file that department developed, then you can copy and paste that visual in to your report. The visual won't be updated automatically though... But you may be able to automate this process leveraging whatever the tool is available to you.

Hope that helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.