Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie Chart Drill Down for Yes/No data

Hey all,

I have data that is a bunch of Yes or No's in five columns. I want to represent 5 categories counting the number of Yes's for each of the five columns. In my last attempt, I made cards with transparent treemap overlays to accomplish this drill down (to show which rows were the Yes's in a table next to it), but I dont want to have a bunch of tree-maps updating every time I click something. There's got to be a lighter and more efficient way right?

So I decided to try this out with a pie or donut chart, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the drill down to work with the table next to it. Please see screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-09-26 131548.png

Basically, I want to click on a part of the pie chart and have the table update to represent that part's contents (the corresponding rows that are Yes's). I've tried unpivoting the data to no avail (although I had to unpivot for the card+treemap method). 

I have measures filtering to count Yes. If its unpivoted, I use measures that COUNTROWS(...) to accomplish the same thing.

Edit: For context on my data. Let's say I am analyzing 30 video games that are in my Steam library. I have 5 questions like 1) Action? 2) Racing? 3) First Person Shooter? 4) Survival game? 5) Simulator? that have Yes/No answers. The Pie chart represents these 5 genres and if I click on one part I want to see what games are in that genre with the table next to it updating to show that. In my data, each of the 5 genre questions would be a column and each video game would be a row.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Unpivot, create measure like: 

Measure 3 = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table2',[Column3]="Yes"))
Create a new page with the visuals you want to drillthrough to. Put Measure 3 in the Drill through field well for this new page. You can then drillthrough from the pie chart by right-clicking. See attached PBIX beneath signature.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot 2022-09-27 145230.pngScreenshot 2022-09-27 145301.png

@Greg_Deckler Thanks for the reply. I tried to mimic what you had in your PBIX but my filters don't have the same "Basic Filtering" or "Advanced Filtering" options... for what its worth "Attribute" is the same as "Column2"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.