Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IAMJamesM
Frequent Visitor

Pie Chart Conditional Colors With Drill Down

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a report that displays the RAG status of the Metrics in a Power BI Scorecard, these will be grouped by department that will have their own RAG based off of the contents of the metrics belonging to that department (I have used a Scorecard for each department with their key business areas as a Metric and actual KPIs as Submetrics. By using "Link to Existing Metric" I have created an Overview Scorecard that takes in the values of each department Scorecard.

I have displayed this in a Pie Chart made of equal sized slices but coloured by the Status (Amit Chandak's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4 was very helpful here).

What I am attempting to do is use drill-downs so the report can be navigated through by clicking on Overview -> Department -> KPI Metrics. This is working, however I am aware that on the upper levels of the pie chart the tooltip will only display the 'first' value of what is at the Metric level so will also be colored by what this is. Is it possible to set the status/color of the upper levels of the drill down based on their values in the Scorecard or if not is there any known work arounds for this?

Many thanks in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
IAMJamesM
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

I have managed to do this by creating a Measure that sets the color based off of the drill down level by using ISINSCOPE(). 

Hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.