Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AvalonCEA
Regular Visitor

Percentage of subgroup within a main group

AvalonCEA_0-1714437145953.png

I have a sales related data table. I would like to extract the sales of each supplier in each project with filters.

For example, the user filter the date range from 2024/02/01 to 2024-04-01.

For supplier 1, it accounts for 66% sales with project A. Since the first, second and last rows are kept given the filter, the total sales of supplier 1 is 50, and the total sales of project A in the given date range is 75. The 66% comes from divided 50 by 75.

I would like to allow users to use filter so that I could not calculate the percentage beforehand. How can I calculate this metric and display it in a column chart dynamically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1714445397997.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1714445897595.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AvalonCEA
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1714617444626.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1714445397997.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1714445897595.png

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, Kim.

This visualization is exactly what I am looking for. But the thing is I am not able to replicate the same graph based on my data. This is how it look like after I pull all of the same elements in the corresponding slots.

AvalonCEA_0-1714469355839.png

May you help me to reiterate the steps you took, and see what's wrong with my graph?

Hi,

I am not sure, but I assume the strucutre of the dimension table might be different and this can be the reason of calculating differently.
Please share your sample pbix file's link here, and then I can try to look into it.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hmmm, I am new to this forum. I can't even find out the way to upload a file. Did you upload the file through the insert/edit link button?

Hi,

I meant, Onedrive link / Dropbox link / google drive link / or other links.

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.