Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

soderqvistn
Helper I
Helper I

Passing a parameter from dataset to a report

Hi 

I wanted to check with you guys if it is possible to as teh titel says: Passing a parameter to a report?

So I have a created a dataset with a parameter called Param the I have multiple reports using this dataset. And I like to create a generic report with measures and then just filter the reports by passing the parameter to the reports.

As you probably know you are very limited in what you can do when you're using a dataset as a source when you're creating a report.

Is this possibe?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soderqvistn ,

Have you try cross-report drillthrough? Can it implement your request? If yes,  kindly accept the helpful answers as solutions. And welcome to share your own solutions. More people who have the same requirement will benefit from here.  

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @soderqvistn ,

First off, what does Param do to the dataset? Is it a path to the datasource, a date filter, etc?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soderqvistn ,

Unfortunately, it is impossible to switch reports by parameters. I think you could try the feature of  cross-report drillthrough as a workaround. 

We could drag the measures into Drillthrough in Desktop. Then in the Service, we could switch reports while right-clicking data and choosing Drillthrough.

In DesktopIn DesktopIn ServiceIn Service

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.