Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fin3xu0
Frequent Visitor

Pass Power Bi desktop report builder parameters

Hello everyone,
I have a problem where I have two fact tables linked to one dimension. I use fact table values as if they were slicer filters. These filters are used to filter the entire report and sub-reports. I would like to be able to pass filters attached to fact tables to the parameters of a paginated report placed in power bi desktop. My problem arises when placing the columns of one fact with the columns of another fact Power Bi tells me that they cannot be inserted because a relationship between the tables is missing. My only relationship is that between a dimension and the two facts. So the two facts are not connected by themselves. The relationship to size is one to many with filter from size to fact.
Is there a way to pass the values of the two fact tables within the paginated report without going wrong? I was thinking of a measure or a calculated column that would take the values of both facts.
I ask for your help.

A greeting

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I use fact table values as if they were slicer filters

That's what dimension tables are for.  Fact tables count/aggregate, dimension tables filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.