Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ksicard2430
Helper I
Helper I

Parsing files from a folder data connection

Hello all,

I am building a report to manage log files that come in the form of .txt files. I have a network folder that contains sub folders that the .txt files reside in.

One of the sub-folders contains three different .txt log files. I want to ask if Power BI has the capability to parse these files based on name? For example if I want one data connection to only pick up the .txt files named log 1 from the same folder and then have additional data connections to the folder that pick up the other log files based on the name of the .txt file?

Please let me know if you need additional info and I appreciate your time in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pbix1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi ksicard2430

You can create one connection to the folder, and then have 2 reference queries. If you apply a filter in each one on the source name field with what you want it to pick up from the name, it should filter just the records in that/those files.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pbix1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi ksicard2430

You can create one connection to the folder, and then have 2 reference queries. If you apply a filter in each one on the source name field with what you want it to pick up from the name, it should filter just the records in that/those files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.