Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP, CHALLENGING VISUAL

Hi everyone,

First, I have the following datas:

Tabla.PNG

Where "País", "Ciudad", "Estado Estación" and "Descripción" are given.

"Estado Sistema" depends on the other datas, where if a "País" has a "Ciudad" with 1 or more "Estado Estación"= Alerta then "Estado Sistema" will be Alerta for all the "Ciudad" of  "País".

Now I want to create the following visual:

Sistemas.PNG

Where if a "Pais" has his "Estado Sistema" in Alerta the figure will become red, but if is Disponible then the figure will become green.

And if I click on the Figure of a "País" then will appear the following visual:

Pais.PNG

Where if a "Ciudad" has his "Estado Estación" in Alerta his circle will be red or if is Disponible, green.

And if i select on "CIudad"the will appear a table with "Descipción".

I don´t have any idea how to do this, and if is possible in Power BI

Please I need help.

Sorry for the bad english 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

First, I am going to assume that you are already calculating "Estado Estación". You are only asking if, given a value in "Estado Estación," how can you best visualize this in Power BI as red or green. Correct?

If yes, then add a column that changes "Estado Sistema" to a numeral (example below).

Alert Numeral.PNG

With that change to your data, the easiest solution is a Table visualization. In a Table visualization, you can set the background color or use an icon for a specific value.

1. In the Values list for the Table, click the down arrow for the "Estado Sistema" field. 

Matrix Values.PNG

2. In the pop-up menu, choose Conditional formatting > Background (The other options are similar. I will show Background below.). The same setting can be found in the Table format (paint roller).

Paint roller.PNG

3. Make the Background settings as shown below.

Matrix Background Color Settings.PNG

4. After pressing OK, you will get a result like this.

Matrix Result.PNG

You can change the look of this by putting the Country (Pais) into a horizontal Slicer and the City (Ciudad) into a Table with Icons. The same Conditional Formatting as used above will get you the icons.

with slicer.PNG

Choosing "Colombia" ...

with slicer2.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Did the first reply solved your issue?

If so, please mark it as a solution for others to see.

Best Regards,

Giotto

RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

First, I am going to assume that you are already calculating "Estado Estación". You are only asking if, given a value in "Estado Estación," how can you best visualize this in Power BI as red or green. Correct?

If yes, then add a column that changes "Estado Sistema" to a numeral (example below).

Alert Numeral.PNG

With that change to your data, the easiest solution is a Table visualization. In a Table visualization, you can set the background color or use an icon for a specific value.

1. In the Values list for the Table, click the down arrow for the "Estado Sistema" field. 

Matrix Values.PNG

2. In the pop-up menu, choose Conditional formatting > Background (The other options are similar. I will show Background below.). The same setting can be found in the Table format (paint roller).

Paint roller.PNG

3. Make the Background settings as shown below.

Matrix Background Color Settings.PNG

4. After pressing OK, you will get a result like this.

Matrix Result.PNG

You can change the look of this by putting the Country (Pais) into a horizontal Slicer and the City (Ciudad) into a Table with Icons. The same Conditional Formatting as used above will get you the icons.

with slicer.PNG

Choosing "Colombia" ...

with slicer2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.